The overall goal under this program theme is to diversify and promote climate smart agro-practices among resource limited smallholder farmer groups and agro pastoralists for strengthened livelihood resilience.
Key areas of interventions:
- Support for undertaking alternative livelihoods while addressing threats to food and water insecurity.
- Build capacities to boost incomes and cope with drought in order to reduce vulnerability to risks and other threats to livelihood security.
- Assist small holder farmers to diversify their livelihoods through use of available community resources, indigenous knowledge and skills while tapping into relevant innovations.
- Participatory on-farm demonstrations on climate smart livelihood enhancement interventions to help build community resilience to food insecurity and other risks to community survival, targeting small scale farmers.
- Increase household resilience to drought through water harvesting and agro- forestry initiatives.
- Promote growing of drought resistant and economically viable indigenous food crops, high value shrubs and fruit trees.